WinLauncher Sources

A few people have contacted me asking about the WinLauncher program I use for testing. I didn't create this useful application; it's actually part of the standard WebKit source tree.


In fact, if you use the Visual Studio project to build WebKit (either the official Apple port, or my WinCairo variant), you can just set the WinLauncher project as the "Set as StartUp Project". Now, when you press the 'Run' button, WinLauncher will build and launch.

This can be extremely useful for testing various aspects of the framework, as well as playing with the official Apple build to see what it does under different conditions. It's also a lot easier to start and debug than the full-blown Safari process.

Over the last year or so I've worked to add a few new features, mainly related to stuff I was trying to get working under WinCairo. Most recently, that means that printing is partially supported.

Comments

Popular Posts