How To Schedule

I wearing a new hat at work (which is why I haven't updated this blog in three months), "Team Leader/Project Manager." This means that in addition to getting real work done on our system, I also have to coordinate about 9 other developers.

As part of this effort, I get to meet twice a week with the senior PM, who always wants to know why this or that task has slipped a few days here or there. Finally, the lady that keeps control of the project plan took me aside and shared with me the fact that all of the more senior task leaders give her their schedule slips prior to the meeting so that they are already on the printed copy of the plan, thus avoiding the grilling I have been ejoying.

So, the next time around I tried doing this, too. It definitely works, but somehow seems wrong.

Popular Posts