Face Morpher


My port of the Common Lisp "Open Agent Engine" library to OpenMCL has proceeded very smoothly. Fonts, windowing, and a lot of other neat stuff now work properly, though there are lots of buggy edge conditions and murky corners where I manage to crash my Lisp Image due to OpenGL foo.

This has been my first non-trivial Lisp project, and I'm definitely impressed with the language. I really like how I can leave things unimplemented for later, and the compiler politely notifies me, but does not throw any fits as long as I don't attempt to call those methods. Very useful for initial testing; an excellent iterative development language.

For a recent example: The "Face Morpher". I'm not quite sure if my code runs the original "Face Morpher" program properly. I can move the cursor around, and drop nice little inflection points on James Dean's image, but it doesn't seem to do anything aside place the marks (and note some coordinates in the listener). I understand that the h/u keys should create smiles and frowns, but what I actually see is a jittery James Dean that seems to be suffering from some kind of horrible neurological ailment rather than a happy or dour individual. I think something is going wrong in the update routine causing the face to act as though I'm hammering away at my h/u keys.

Comments

Popular Posts