Recent WebKit Updates


I've beaten back the recent bit-rot that is endemic in tracking the WebKit project. This project moves so fast that if you don't stay on top of things it rapidly leaves you behind!

Recent updates now provide proper support for synthetic bold/oblique fonts, as well as using more of the Chromium team's image decoders. I also corrected various build settings that were causing the Cairo build to attempt to link against old ICU libraries.

The never-ending patch is now down to just slightly over 2 KB. Once I get the printing stuff sorted out this patch should no longer be needed.

Next week I should get the sample JavaScript example application working. This little app will probably start linking against the new JavaScriptCore.dll, since WebKit is now broken into two DLL's to simplify access to the core JavaScript routines.

Comments

Anonymous said…
The jsc shell should just build on its own -- it has no real dependencies at all beyond ICU.
Peter Kasting said…
Unless I'm mistaken you're not using any Chromium decoders yet... I haven't managed to unfork anything so far.
bfulgham said…
Ho ho! I am now Mr. Kasting. Thanks for all of your hard (and thankless) work on this.

Popular Posts