WebKit Cairo Windows Port Landed!


It's been a long, hard road, but today marks the commit of the last missing element of the Windows Cairo port.

Literally every bit of code I use on my system to build WebKit on Windows using the non-Apple support libraries is now part of the official WebKit archive. This means that you can now embed a WebView in your Windows application that harnesses the full power and features of the best rendering engine out there.

To celebrate, I am posting here an image of Satine.org's CSS animation demo"SnowStack". It runs fairly well on my local Debug build.

Out of sheer meanness, I am also attaching the same website viewed with IE 8...

Comments

Peter Kasting said…
Congrats, Brent.

Can't say I love all the #if PLATFORM(X) in WebFrame.cpp but sometimes you have to do whatever works :)
Mital Vora said…
congrates dude !!

finally the cairo port is fully merged with Trunk :)
Its a great news :)

Good work man.
Martin Robinson said…
Congrats! Your hard work is greatly appreciated.
Jeff said…
Is there any hardware acceleration? How does this compare with Chrome's Skia WebKit implementation?
Unknown said…
Hi Brent.
Congratulations :)

I tried to build today's build.. It won't link with cairo.lib you provide in requirements.zip You need the lib file for cairo.dll

BTW: I'm working on build where you can link static libs into one large webkit.dll file. Because this is what I call redistributable.
bfulgham said…
Unfortunately, this build has no hardware acceleration. It's actually cheating a bit, falling back to a 2D projection. It works fairly well, but lacks much of the fluidity of the Mac version.
Snerd said…
I always seem to have build problems in the generated files stage. Could we please get a post describing how to set up the required environment and build the WebKit tree for Windows/Cairo?

Popular Posts